The current Strategic Plan covers the period 2022-2026. It identifies three key issues for strategic
focus. These are:
- Sustainable sand conservation and utilization
- Research Development and Innovation
- Corporate and Institutional strengthening.
The key result areas will be achieved through the following strategic objectives:
- To promote sustainable sand conservation and utilization within Makueni County
- Sand conservation will be achieved through implementation of strategies aimed at promoting
conservation while sand utilization will be achieved through regulation.
- To Promote Research, Development, Innovation and Knowledge management on Sand Resources.
- This will be achieved through promotion of research, development, innovation and knowledge
management on sand and sand resources and making use of the research recommendations.
- To Strengthen Corporate and Institutional Capacity